Thursday, February 05, 2009

SCRAPING THE BOTTOM OF THE JAR


John and I got this amazing little scrape tool in a house warming basket 2 years ago. We love it more than any other scraper we have ever had, as evidence by the wear and tear shown in this image. The way the tip curves is what makes it perfect for getting down into cans of sauce or scraping out the last bit of jam from the jar. We desperately WANT and NEED a new one but cannot find one anywhere. The person that gave it to us, purchased the house warming gift basket at a grade school fundraiser, so she ha no idea where to get another. We have been to every shop here on the island... well maybe not EVERY shop...and googled ourselves silly looking for a replacement.
So we are now reaching out to our readers to see if they know where or how to find one, two or twelve. If anyone knows of where to get these, we will be forever grateful.

12 comments:

Parnell Corder said...

Desperately Seeking Scraper.

Scraper!

"Get into the grooves Boy, you know how tooooo scrape for for me.... yeah..."

Anonymous said...

How's about callin' the phone number provided on the handle. It's easy peasy after that... all you need to do is learn Korean or Chinese or Japanese. Made by LEC. This is waayyy to "Quincy" for me. Maybe it would be easier to buy a hard plastic spatula, heat it up and "bend" it to you specs. Tah Dah!

Any Mouse

Conn said...

Parnell.. That would have been a good Title!

Anonymous.. Why didn't we THINK of that. Oh right. We DID. And googled and... and... and...
And no... the melting of a hard plastic one will not work. This one is soft silicone which is what makes it so damn great.

Anonymous said...

This scoopatula from Swissmar might come close:
http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/silicone_set.html

Hope that helps!

Conn said...

Thanks, those are nice, but not quite the same. We have a drawer full of scrapers and spatulas and nothing comes close to this little one. One day we will stumble across one... I just know it.

Deb said...

Ooh - I love a good shopping challenge;) I've got several asian stores around me and I shall be on the lookout!

I've been unbloggy lately due to spending too much time on Facebook catching up with old friends:-D Hope once the novelty wears off I'll back! Always peeking in to see what you're up to though.

Conn said...

thanks deb... we too are on the FB binge. I have popped into D&HC from time to time. I was in Makawao yesterday morning.. wanting to go into Komoda Bakery... forgetting they were closed Wednesday! I thought of you. It was a wonderful morning.. 9:30 and oh so peaceful.

Deb said...

Just became a fan;-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw it in the houseware section at Don Quixote in Kailua (Oahu). Don Quixote was formerly called Daiei...

Conn said...

thanks for the info... we may be on oahu soon and will check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Conn and John,

I wonder if you got to find this spatula yet but I found the same one in TJ's in Wailuku! Maybe you can check it out if you still didn't get to find one.

I enjoy your baking and beautiful photos!

Toko

Conn said...

Toko, we did find it at TJ's about a year and a half ago. We bought all they had at the time. Thanks for the tip.