Monday, October 20, 2008

A WEEK ABROAD


Here are some pics from my trip home to see family. I was especially glad to spend time with my dear friend Chrystine and her 15 month old, Stephen. What an adorable, smart and funny child. He was just picking up words left and right. Such a sweet boy.

That is until later that night, when his first molar decided to show up! I guess it's painful to have a giant tooth breaking up though your gums as illustrated by his blood-curdling screams!

Needless to say, Chrystine, my mom and I didn't get much sleep because we would immediately run in to help out. Chrystine felt so bad for waking up the house, he had been a very easy sleeper up to that point. But mom relished the opportunity to spend even more time with him and frankly so did I. We commanded Chrystine get some sleep before her long drive back down to NJ later that morning while we stayed up with the cranky baby boy. We let him run around and explore every nook and cranny of the house and just generally made silly fools of ourselves. It reminded me of the summers I was home from college when my nephew was that age. Trying to get that child to take a nap was quite the endeavor.

Which brings me to the other major reason for my trip home, to see my nephew before he went off to college. Yes, TO COLLEGE! Where did the time go? I had a chance to go up to Vermont with my sister's family so we all got to spend some quality time together. And I got even more fall foliage action travelling up through the Adirondacks. The leaves of brown came tumbling down, remember...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glorious pix, and so glad to see Kekoa home again!

Parnell Corder said...

Ohh, Im in! Chateau Rouge Tub. Homemade liquor I know.

Anonymous said...

love the pics! Too many of Paulie~says Jul