Sunday, April 04, 2010

RED HEAD


Since getting the new zoom lens I am even more addicted to watching and feeding the birds. The RED CRESTED or BRAZILIAN CARDINAL pictured here is the friendliest or most tame of the bunch we have loitering around here, waiting for a free meal. He usually lets me get within 3-4 feet before flying off. He comes and hangs out on the railing just outside my office window or in the branches of the Royal Poinciana out the other window and sings until I head out and give him bird seed. Until last week there was also a female traveling with him, but she has been absent from the daily visits. I am hoping she is sitting on a nest somewhere and that she will return soon... with little red headed keiki's. More feathered friends coming soon.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so handsome! These are beautiful shots Conn!!

Conn said...

he is handsome isn't he. I never realized they had those brown eyes until i got this new lens.

leigh said...

gorgeous! and your new friend is quite stunning too.

Magda said...

I am really jealous you have this beautiful creature living in your midst. I love cardinals and their songs. When I see them I wave and say HELLO. I swear they stare at me when I do so.