Friday, February 13, 2009

FRESH CUT FLOWERS

A few months ago I submitted several cards to PACIFIC WEDDINGS magazine for this DIY Keepsake Card feature and it is now out on the newsstands. Pacific Weddings magazine is published right here on Maui and is celebrating it's 10th anniversary with this issue.

This is the design they chose to share with their readers. The idea was to create a thank you card that could be framed and kept as a keepsake. Therefore I did not put any writing on the front... which is usually the case when I make my cards. The design has a floral pattern sliced into it with a craft knife and the petals are then lifted and slightly curled creating a 3-D effect.

Mahalo to Robyn and Shaunna for including me. It's a great honor to be in such a beautifully designed and produced publication.

I will be posting a few of the other designs and how-to's that I submitted in a few days.

No comments: