Thursday, November 27, 2008

FEEDING FRENZY

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Now that it has come and gone, the food will continue for days. As well it should, since it took an entire day to cook, not to mention prep time.

We have a few things that are considered traditional but we always mange to shake things up and play with our old favorites.


This years menu was:

-BACON WRAPPED TURKEY BREAST
-BRUSSELS SPROUTS SAUTEED IN BACON AND GARLIC
-ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
-GOOD OLD FASHIONED CORNBREAD
-DRESSING W/DRIED CRANBERRIES AND LAVENDER
-ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE
-CHOCOLATE CARAMEL MACADAMIA NUT PIE


Bacon wrapped turkey breast
(stuffed with orange, rosemary, garlic, celery)
Star Fruit and onions were cooked around the turkey and towards the end I glazed it with orange juice and maple syrup.
It was very good and not at all salty.
A slight smokey flavor and not at all dry.

I did my own take on this recipe from Martha Stewart for a chocolate crust pie with a layer of chocolate then macadamia nut caramel, then an orange infused chocolate ganache topped with toasted coconut and a drizzle of white chocolate. If I keep this up I will be toothless by 50.

This was the "lunch" John made for me today. 1/4 of a turkey and cheese sandwich. Yes... that was the actual presentation. But it was just what I needed.



6 comments:

James said...

Were the star fruit edible after the turkey was done?

Conn said...

Aloha James.
The starfruit were amazing after they were cooked. They actually retained their original flavor as well but had a slight smokey taste from the bacon.
We had so many fruit this season, I sliced them and froze them for future use. These were some of the frozen fruit.

James said...

such a good idea!

Paige said...

My god, you are my culinary hero! (tastefully checkered cape is in the mail...)

Conn said...

"HERE I COME TO FEED THE DAY!"

Paige said...

; )