Tuesday, August 05, 2008

PETAL PUSHER

Today we stopped back by the Ali'i Kula Lavender Maui with Gabi and Larry on our way back down from Haleakala. Since the photo's were such a hit last time I wrote about AKL, I took more today. The textures and colors on all of these are other worldly and boggle my mind. Let's hear it for flowers!

Various protea

Protea seed pods

Protea leaves

Orchid

Hydrangea

Succulents

Bromeliad

Manuka

I think this is a form of 'Ilima...? Most I have seen and read about are yellow.
If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Conn, John, birthday girl Gabi and Larry!

Looks like the flower from a Flowering Maple or Abutilon. From the Malva (Hibiscus)family. I had a beautiful big bush of it in the Austin yard. Really beautiful! Hummers love it!

xo H

everett peacock said...

we always hear some of the jungle dwellers on Maui say that Aliens live up in the crater of Haleakala....now we know they brought their plants with them!