Sunday, July 27, 2008

WELCOME HOME


Just about an hour ago, I was cleaning out a container by the side of the shed I caught a glimpse of something from the corner of my eye. I turned to see what it was and to my surprise it was Kekoa. There he was just standing there looking at me as if to say... HELLO! I quietly called out to John saying "John, Chicken is here. Bring some macadamia nuts... and the camera" (chicken is the nickname we gave him). We fed him some nuts which he gobbled up, even taking a few from our hands and put out his water dish. He looks really good and in fact his beak looks fantastic. After hanging around for about 15 minutes he wandered off under the plants. I can't tell you how good it feels to see that he is doing well and is still hanging around home.

5 comments:

Parnell Corder said...

Yeah Kekoa! He knows where the loves is!

Deb said...

Looks like you might have a friend for life. Sweet lil' guy. I miss Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, this is bringing tears to my eyes!!! What a lovely story . . . sounds like a children's book to me . . . hint hint hint

xo
K

Conn said...

... later in the day while i was pulling weeds, he ended up right beside me. He followed me back to the house and had yet more snacks.
he seems perfectly comfortable.

everett peacock said...

Birds of a Feather - they all know a good spot to roost