Friday, April 04, 2008

REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Today I really want to inspire you to do what you can to make yourself a garden of any size this spring and summer. Be it a window box of herbs or a small corner of yard with as much as you can grow. The trick is to water!!!!! I cannot tell you how awesome it is to have food everyday that we grow. Yesterday we harvested, swiss chard, a mix of lettuces, scallions, chinese celery, parsley, basil and rosemary as well as bananas, lemons and oranges. Early in the week I made 8 jars of banana lemon jam and last night I made 1 banana cheesecake, 1 tray of banana cheesecake bars, 18 banana mac nut muffins and 3 loaves of banana mac nut bread.... what else was I going to do with over 80 banana's? Along with fruits and veggies we hauled in a BUTTLOAD of gardenias as they are going off right now. John and I are drunk off the aroma that is filling the house.
Below is some inspiration to get your little corner of goodies going!

Gardenias

Swiss chard

A mix of lettuces

Herbs

Banana cheesecake with shortbread crust and muffins

The fruity goodness



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is just amazing!! I enjoyed the dancers the fruits of your garden and also the whales. Really special. Love all the information. Miss ya! Aunt Joan