Sunday, February 03, 2008

A NEW TWIST ON AN OLD FAVORITE


I have been wanting to make a pineapple upside down cake for awhile now, so when I saw the new issue of
EVERYDAY FOOD with a recipe for one I snapped it up . Ok, the real reason I decided to make it, is because that freakin' Martha Stewart made it look so darn modern. I mean she knows how to make everything so tempting. I love the alternating stripe /checkerboard pattern it makes instead of the round canned pineapple ring version. They make a perfect pattern for slicing just the right size (i'll have 2 please), so depending on how you cut it - you can serve up to 12 people. It's also a light recipe made with a little whole wheat (although I doubled the brown sugar in the bottom of the pan).  It's STILL raining. What else you gonna do? Eat cake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make my pine-up-down with a lot of rum. Deeelish!

Anonymous said...

Conn, how in the hell do you know how to do all of this stuff? Did you get all the brains in the family??!! I want to know when you are going to have your own show!! Love you!