Friday, August 31, 2007

IT'S A SMALL WORLD

Damn you Flickr! What a time waster it can be as I recently found out, but oh what fun things to waste time on. Since it's a holiday weekend maybe all you folks out there might have a few spare hours to check out these retro sets:

Mary Blair (Disney illustrator extraordinaire) This is small set of her work but a lot of it I have never seen before.



Krazy Kids (Amazing collection of vintage kids product packaging-I loved Garbage Can-dy!)




1975 Sears Wishbook (I had the Green Apple table featured here)


Seeing these Wishbook pages reminded me of this silly game my cousin Anna and I used to play as kids when we were super bored. We'd leaf through the toys section of the catalog and slap our hands down on a page, which of course meant that we'd get all the stuff on that page.. Whomever had the fastest eye-hand coordination got the best toys, so she always won. And she recently enjoyed her 37th birthday on Sunday. Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

m.e.m. said...

Thanks for sharing john! I assume you already have this book about her work...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786853913/ref=wl_it_dp/103-5990847-9231009?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2LMKEIJ7ONWEO&colid=3H05ZYQ772MEN

John said...

Thank for the tip Mary. But of course we have that book already silly! Signed by the author no less. ; )