Thursday, April 12, 2007

SNEAKY SNAKE

Ok that's it... were selling the house! I've been bamboozeled!!! John was out tilling the garden yesterday when he came across this BRAHMINY BLIND SNAKE. I was curious about it so I picked it up... yes picked it up, thinking it was some kind of worm. I wanted to put it in a jar until we could research it. So as I am savouring my coffee this morning I look it up on-line and discoverd that it is indeed a snake. I figured it was as it had scales rather than rings like a worm. Oh yeah, they are all female... no males needed to reproduce. But it is the good kind of snake that is harmless and eats ant and termite larvae so we let it go. Besides... up close, it's kinda' cute not to mention so shiny..almost metallic.
The close up of the face.
The tail end.
And away she goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Conn, I don't know what is more funny, that you picked up a SNAKE or that they don't need males to reproduce! Wow :0)

kr said...

Creepy creeps! But you are right it is kinda cutie. I like his tiny face tongue! you could make a necklace.

Derek said...

Try as you might, posting pictures of creepy crawlies will not dissuade me from visiting you my friends.....