Friday, October 20, 2006

WHO? WHAT? WHERE?

Amy selling her "magic wands" at the book signing.

Showing off the meal that she presented earlier that morning on the TODAY show. Pork chops, baked sweet potato and green beans.

Conn with Amy.

Conn with Artist Hillary Moore.

Book designers Lenny Naar and Jessica Rosenberg.

Amy, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.

I LIKE YOU: HOSPITALITY UNDER THE INFLUENCE by Amy Sedaris hit bookstores this week and is flying off the shelves.
It is currently #19 in ALL of Amazon's top book sales! Congratulations Amy!

Monday night , Amy had a book signing at Barnes and Noble here in New York... I later found out over 575 people turned out to see her. It was so crowded but the lovely and talented Hillary Moore maneuvered us into the front row of reserved seats. She asked where the seats for "AMY'S PEOPLE" were and tadah!!! We were sitting pretty.
As you know, I did a handful of paintings for the book and therefore scored an invite to the launch party on Tuesday night. In attendance were Amy, Paul Dinello, Stephen Colbert, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mathew Broderick and David Rakoff. Artists Hillary Moore, Robin Winters & Ellen Berkenblitt, Photographer Billy Erb and the Designers of the book Lenny Naar & Jessica Rosenberg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so angry I missed amy's book signing here in LA last night! I saw it listed once I got all the way home on another blogger site. Darn, Darn, Darn. Is she signing at another location around here. Say, like, Rancho Cucamonga? Inglewood? Have her call me.

Conn said...

anger never solved anything.

Anonymous said...

You are right. Im just jealous I cant hang with SJP and the like. Congrats to Amy just the same. I will buy the book any way. Looking forward to put it to good use during the upcoming holiday party season.