Friday, August 04, 2006

THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST


The time is almost here to get your copy of I LIKE YOU by Amy Sedaris.
I worked with Amy on the handpainted illustrations that appear throughout the book. Other fantastic illustrators who contributed are Hillary Moore, Ellen Berkenblit and Justin Theroux. I just saw a copy before it went to print and it is outrageous!
I am honored to be included. Thanks Amy!
Here is an exceprt from Publishers Weekly: "Sedaris's first solo effort is an outrageous and deadpan delight, greatly enhanced by her deliriously kitschy illustrations and photos." Due out in October 2006.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but has Amy Sedaris ever appeared (and won) on Dinner Takes All? (Can I get an autographed copy?)

Anonymous said...

PS - Please tell me that's not a turducken....

Conn said...

She would kick all their a@*es on Dinner Takes All and that my dear is a plastic TURDUCKEN...
all politically correct on the outside and full of meat lover's goodness on the inside.

Anonymous said...

Is Amy still drinking? I thought I might have her over Beer and BBQ. Does she have an angle on paper plates?

Conn said...

I assume you say that in reference to the title...
"Hospitality Under The Influence"?

What that means is that she was influenced to do this book by the great hostess before her... Betty Crocker.

If you want her angle on paper plates... Amy says... BUY THE BOOK.
There is a prargraph in there where she says that I taught her how to make popcorn with bacon grease.
DELICIOUS!

Magda said...

PSYCH! just preordered on amazon. Can't freaking wait.

Anonymous said...

You had me until "popcorn with bacon grease"....